An I-Beam has several names, "double-T", "UB" or "Universal Beam", "RSJ" or "Rolled Steel Joist", "W-Beam" meaning "wide" flange. Mostly, it gets is name because it looks like the shape of the capital letter "I." It is usually made of structural steel material and commonly used for support purposes in construction and civil engineering use. Here it is being used as part of the support system of an engineered shoring plan.


Tags: , , , , , ,

| Print Print